View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 12:00 PM
osewme

Default Enlarged Nordic Star block

Recently I asked for help to enlarge a 4 1/2" Nordic Star block. Thanks to all who replied with suggestions. Barb in Louisiana sent me results from her EQ7 which were very helpful. I decided to try to paper piece the block instructions she sent & this is my results. It is just short of being 12 1/2" unfinished (short by about 1/4" all around) so now I need to know what to do to increase it just a tad more so it will finish out at 12 1/2". Paper piecing is very, very difficult for me but I decided to try to tackle it. It took me about 4 hours to make this block. I had to re-do a couple of sections because I had the wrong color of fabric in the wrong place & had to rip out some where my fabric pieces were not large enough. I tried to enlarge the pattern but could not figure out how my printer could do that. Does anyone think I could just make the center sashings just a tad wider? If so, how would I do that? Any new suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, notice that the focal fabric has butterflies in it. I couldn't seem get them to be a part of the block. Everything about PPing is so backwards to me that I just can't wrap my mind around that technique. I won't be using a fabric that needs to by fussy cut in my final block....thank goodness!
Attached Thumbnails enlarged-block.jpg  

Last edited by osewme; 06-30-2018 at 12:04 PM.