View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by baywinds View Post
Barb, I love paperpiecing (I learned the Carol Doak method) and thank you for doing up this pattern in these different sizes. Question I have is, why are the dimensions not for 12 1/2" or 10 1/2". Doesn't a 12 1/2" make up to be 12" blocks etc? I know I'm missing something obvious. Thanks
I am only giving measurements for the finished block. I explained to osewme in a prior thread that the seam allowance was added to each block. You can see it if you open the pdf's. Osewme didn't get a big enough block when I did her a finished 12" one. It could be where she's sewing on the lines, or the thickness of her thread. So I changed the output to be a 12 1/4" block because she was a 1/4" shy of a 12 inch block. That should come out with the 12 inch finished that she wants. When she said she was thinking about making a 10 inch block and adding a border around each block, I gave her the two sizes 10 inch and 10 1/4 inch finished.

Personally I would have done this as a finished 12 1/2 inch block, making the corner sections as a 6 inch square and the sashing as 1/2 inch. But that is just me.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-02-2018 at 07:06 AM.