View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 07:40 AM
luvstoquilt301

Default Forced Move-Happy Ending

We live in Phoenix in a cute little rental house for 5 1/2 years. We received a phone call from our property manager that the house was sold. He or I did not even know it was on the market. A former tenant contacted the owners and they sold it to him. No one even walked through it. We had to be out in 5 weeks.

Sheer panic set in to find a place and get moved in that short time. We have a local internet type chat line called Nextdoor. We found a house right up the street from us that was move in ready. We had to jump through hoops with this management company but have a great credit rating and are ideal tenants. This house is a bit more in rent but much nicer with covered parking. That is great in Phoenix. Cars can turn into an oven.

My husband decided he wanted the good sized second bedroom for a TV/den. I had my HQ16 set up in our living room and it was noisy. This meant that I could have the HUGE living room for all my quilting stuff. Everything could be in one room.

My previous sewing room was 8 x 8 but had a good sized closet for all my fabric. We put shelves in it. I was shocked at how much fabric I own. Most of it is given to me as I am a charity quilter. It is now going to live in bookcases in the big room. I purged some and it is going to other charity quilters.

When you move you are forced to touch everything you own. We donated stuff left and right. The end result will be a wonderful new place for us. I will get pics of my sewing Studio---it is big enough to call it that now.