Old 07-02-2018, 04:03 PM
LisaMay

Default T-Shirt Quilt / Memory / Crazy Quilt Questions

Hi Ladies.

My Mom passed a while ago and now I find myself with bags and bags of her and Dads clothing. I want to make T shirt/Memory and or Crazy quilts from their clothing (or any other suggestions). I also must enclose that I have 6 brothers and sisters who also would like me to make something for them and am looking for ideas that are fast and effective (if possible) I have other questions that I want to just verify as to not ruin all Mom and Dads clothing... Thanks for any and all help, I am wading in bags and bags and bags of everything imaginable from Moms 88 years of living. However I think DH is going to pack my bags pretty soon!!

1. Is it acceptable to pre cut the selection you would like to use from T-shirts or Sweatshirts and store them before applying interfacing. To me it seems like if stored properly it should not be an issue. Just want to be sure.

2. Mom had more clothing and fabric types from multiple generations, styles and trends than Carters has small little pills. I need to disassemble them and use them at a later time. They are taking up and enormous amount of space. Same question as number 1.

3. Since there are so many types of fabrics, baubles and bangles does anyone have any suggestions for easy crazy / memory quilts, or any other memory item... or suggest a book?

Thank you much
Wading in the years of style.... Lisa