Old 07-04-2018, 02:26 PM
suern3

I was able to go to Sisters 4 years ago and was so excited. I really never thought I would be able to see it. We live in Nebraska and drove our motorhome. Stayed in a campground near Bend, then drove our car to Sisters. If you look online, there is information about where to park when you get to Sisters, including a shuttle from parking at the high school. As others have said, the earlier in the day you go, the better. But we didn't get there until mid-morning and still found a place to park on a neighborhood street, walked to the downtown area. The thing is, it became extremely crowded as the day went on. Even hard to walk on the sidewalks. We did need to eat lunch and just ate at any place we could fit into. Also, it was very hot, much hotter than I expected after reading about the area. Overall- it was well worth any of the inconveniences, to me. Such a sight to see all of the quilts displayed outside. Probably depends on your tolerance for big crowds and heat. We went on to travel the coast of Oregon and we rate it as probably our favorite trip.