View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Teen

Good for you, Judith!! So glad you got to run out today and shop a little. That pattern book has some adorable projects. Good filler projects for in between quilts. I have a mini I've been wanting to do but it's in Browns....I need to be in the right mood for Browns..lol.. You & I are piecing/applique lovers and Often our taste in patterns are the same....and colors.....lol!!

These are the final blocks for Section 3. This whole quilt pattern was designed for hand piecing and needle turn applique and this block was surely meant for hand piecing. I took a great deal of liberty with this block and made it my own version. I did a single solid background, I pieced the flower (one petal is Y-seamed), then I turned edged and applique'd it to background with stems and leaves. I did trapunto so I can really see these blooms poofy after I stitch in the ditch when quilting. I really like the results...cuz hand piecing? No flippin way... So section 3 is done and can be assembled to section 4. Section 1...here I come.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg