Thread: Saved Patterns
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 03:07 AM
youngduncan

I have an entire bookcase filled with loose-leaf binders, each one containing patterns in page protectors and filed alphabetically. The problem is that filing them that way is convenient, but now I don't remember the exact names for every one of them -- nor the blocks each one contains, i.e., half-square triangles, flying geese, nine-patches, etc. When I get desperate for a pattern, I have to try to remember which binder it is in and then go through page by page looking for it -- if I can remember the name of the pattern!! It's a struggle, indeed!

My quilting books are in another shelf. There are so many of them that I can't even begin to remember what pattern I liked so much that I had to buy the book.

It's probably time to go through and get rid of those I know I'll never do anything with. Life would be simpler, too, if my memory wasn't so overworked and tired, right?

To make matters worse, I've now become "slightly" addicted to doll clothes patterns, particularly the American Girl sizes. Some of the patterns in those collections may have as many as fifty (50!!!) or so pages in them.

Hmm! I wonder if I should perhaps seek professional help. . . Either mental or organization would probably be a consideration!!