Thread: Boom 21 - Waves
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 02:55 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

The blocks are beautiful today, ladies! Joan, thank you for my pretty pinwheel block. It will look great in one of my Christmas quilts.

Funny, but I was working on a block for Joan today, while she was working on one for me! I made her a Virginia Reel block from Around the Block Again. It had me reeling, alright! The exploded diagram (that shows you how to sew the pieces) in the book was wrong. In the third and 5th rounds of triangles they had the lights and darks reversed. By the time I figured out what was wrong with my block, I had sewn, unsewn and resewn every seam several times. I looked online and Martingale has zero info on this book... no errata, in fact it's not even in their database anymore. SO, I know a lot of us have these books... mark your book on pg. 119, Virginia Reel block, as being wrong. Follow the finished diagram rather than the exploded diagram.

Here it is... Joan it looks like swirling coffee and cream!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597453[/ATTACH]

I also made a block for Coullmills... This is "Chicago Pavements", but to me it looks like a summer picnic blanket, strawberry plaid!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597458[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4040.jpg   img_4039.jpg