View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:36 AM
Mickey2

Very interesting with the motor under the bed. It looks like new, even the tags aren't removed yet! I guess your machine can be from the 40s, hard to tell. There is a line of machines they call streamliners, very smooth straight lines, curved edges, and very solid look like yours. Your machine makes me think of a few Kenmore models. I have seen the brown crinkle finish on machines from 1930s and maybe a bit into the very early 50s. It needs a bit more investigation, but I'm sure you will find a manual and closer indetification of your model. The rotary models gets appraisal from owners who use them, run lightly and stitch well. Chance is your machine is a notch stronger and faster than the average old straight stitcher. You have to let us now how it stitches and behaves in general :- )

Some of these models have very fancy top tension mechanism, so be careful when cleaning. It's adviced not to take them appart, it can be nearly impossible to get them back together. The trick is to gently clean, dust with a cotton swab, vacuume cleaner, compressed air,... Some are simpler and easier to take appart and clean, just be a bit careful before you know what you have.

Last edited by Mickey2; 07-09-2018 at 02:42 AM.