View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:38 AM
mac

Oh, yes, you are doing a very good job. It looks wonderful. Like others have said, if your thread matched you would not see a lot of the back-tracks, they would just blend in. With practice you will be an expert in no time. It is amazing how some people just pick up machine quilting a lot easier than others. You are a natural.

One thing that I was taught when I took some classes was that if you want a lot of poufiness you leave that part of the quilt unquilted. If you want your quilting to be less poufy, then you need to balance your quilting by sewing down the poufy areas with as much quilting you did in other areas. For instance, in the middle section, outside of the feathered wreath where it is a little poufy, you could stipple or cross-hatch that area. This would balance the amount of sewing (quilting lines) and it would make that part of the quilting recede into the background. And, of course, the opposite is true. If you want something to stand out more, you quilt less. Please note, I am only using this as an example of how a different look could be obtained and not in any way saying how you quilted it was wrong. I think you did beautiful job.