View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 09:45 AM
marcycn

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
Now that I live alone and my time and space is my own, my back gives me trouble and it's tough to quilt for more than 15 - 30 minutes at a time without retreating to my LazyBoy.

I have had a lot of back pain from whip lash, slip and falls at work, and uneven muscle use (from always carrying trays with my right arm) making my back get out of alignment. When I started riding my bike instead of driving a car, I found that it gently strengthened the muscles of my lower back enough that it quit hurting most of the time, and is less easily strained when lifting things. It's hard to explain how such disparate things influence each other, so I just figure it's that "knee bone's connected to the ... ankle bone" thing, lol.
Unfortunately

Unfortunately, mine is from Arthritis and the strong meds take me on a trip of neasua etc, so I have to just stick it out. I have a whole bunch of braces and they sometimes give me another 10 minutes or so, but when the back hurts there is nothing like my LazyBoy. Going shopping is a trip! I can't wait to get home. At least I'm still on my feet and can walk. Grateful for the little things. :-)