View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 02:42 PM
SewingSew

I am new to machine embroidery applique, but I have been doing a little research, and these are the scissors that I bought, based on recommendations that I found on YouTube. Both pair are about 6 1/2" long and they both have curved handles. The first are a pair of Gingher duck-billed scissors. They are supposed to be great for insuring that you don't cut your fabric underneath the appliqued piece. The other pair are supposed to be wonderful for getting into hard to reach places. I bought the second pair from Amazon. I don't remember what brand they were. I am not a good photographer, but I tried to show the curved tip on the second pair. Now these are for machine embroidery applique. When I cut out applique pieces by hand (without the use of an embroidery machine), I like to use a small pair of scissors (3 1/2") with a curved tip and also a small pair of scissors with large holes for my fingers. I have small hands, but I like to have plenty of room for my fingers when I cut small items.
Attached Thumbnails img_20180711_180417.jpg