View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:41 AM
Murphy224

My problem/issue with the bags I made for myself is that they would not stand on their own to be filled, there is no place to put them in the "bag area" of the check out counter, either at the cashier area or if self check out that bag area. I finally gave up on making my own and just purchase the ones that the grocery stores sell, about a dollar each and seem to last a long time. And when they bite the dust, I just invest another dollar for a new one. They stand on their own and fit in front of the plastic ones hanging at the register area. To clarify: I live in a state that still allows plastic bags, and I generally use self check out so I can bag as I want.....all cold together, produce together, keep the bags from becoming too heavy, etc. Some of those bagging people don't think that putting all the canned goods, detergents etc in the same bag might be a problem for a little ole lady to carry! And a lot of stores now, don't offer carryout service to help with your bags. Publix is the only one around here that still offers for someone to help you to your car.
Please forgive this mini rant, grocery store bags have become a pet peeve for me. and I am still trying to find the impossible perfect solution! BUT I will NOT go back to those flimsy plastic, horrendous bags that are still in use in so many parts of this country!
Battle on,
Murphy