Old 07-13-2018, 11:34 AM
ninab

Default Bundle of Liberty Lawn pieces, looking for pattern suggestions...

I love Liberty fabrics - the cotton lawn is divine!
Recently, I purchased a pack of 100 9x13" liberty lawn pieces (~4.5yds). The common "uniting" color could be a darker blue or steel gray.

I'm new to quilting, and have looked at patterns galore and am stumped. I think it's more of an "option overload" thing... heheh I think "patchy" is obviously the way to go, keeping the uniform solid color as an anchor. The only thing I can think of is to use a consistent base background color, and maybe do a pinwheel quilt, but my word, i am so tired of looking through patterns, and I'd really like to use these pieces. Irish Chain might be another option...

My thought was to pick the brains of you experienced quilters, and see if anyone might have some ideas of designs/patterns to consider for such relatively small pieces. WWOQD? (What would other quilters do?)

Throw out your ideas as to some suggested directions to head when searing for patterns. Should I go nine-patch, irish chain, pinwheel, anyone have any suggestions you don't mind sharing? I'm all ears(or in this case, eyes)...

Ya know, in all honesty, the price on this bundle was really good, considering the per yard cost... but now I've come to realize - it might've been a decent price for a 4.5yd total, but that savings came with a whole bundle of trouble figuring out how to use them... lol