View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
renee765

I wonder what the psychological reason for this is? I'm working on a Thimbleberries wall hanging right now. I love the pattern. I'm happy with the fabrics I chose. I can just imagine hanging in my living room - the spot is ready with a wrought iron hanger. And yet, this quilt more than any others I've done, just does not draw me into quilting! I've found that if, when I leave a sewing session, I leave the project in a place that I can just sit down and start up again, it's more likely that I'll come in to work on it. For example, I make sure the bobbin has enough thread for the next short session, sometimes I even put the fabric on the machine and set the needle into the first stitch, and leave it that way so that when I come back it's ready to go.
I also promise myself that I only need to 'do one block' or quilt one block' or stitch twelve inches, or something short like that. I usually end up doing more, but then I feel that I'm doing more because I 'choose' to, not because I 'have' to. But I can tell you that I will be SO glad when it's done!