View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 04:12 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by Barb2018 View Post
This is a design that I fell in love with and it's going on a quilt for a friend. I used a fat quarter that I didn't like because I didn't think the embroidery would turn our so well on my first attempt in over a year. These are not the real colors, but really close because I was afraid of running out of the colors it called for. I used only one layer of heavy weight tear away stabilizer, used a generous amount of starch and went so slowly that it took over 5 hours yesterday.
The real piece will get two layers of stabilizer to see if I can get rid of all the ripples at the edges. It's a very dense design (over 82,000 stitches) so I know some is inevitable but I'll try. I'm going to start it tomorrow morning. It's a design I found at Urban Threads and is called Lion in Flowers.
Please let me know if there are things to do to improve this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597897[/ATTACH]
OH WELL - trying again...…….Before you start stitching, fuse PRESTO on the back of your fabric. If you cannot locate a shop that sells PRESTO, Pellon makes a similar product. It is very thin, lightweight cotton, like batiste, that is fusible on one side. Does not add weight to your finished product. Then, for an 80K stitch design, you need to hoop 1 stabilizer, and then float 2 more under your hoop to be assured no puckering. Hope this helps!