View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 04:23 AM
Snooze2978

Default Major fabric reorg

I do use the comic book boards. Up to 2yds I put on the smaller size boards, up to 4yds I use the larger board. Anything larger than that I use the bolt boards from the fabric shops. I arrange them by color mainly but have my batiks separate and children's fabrics separate (thought I have very little of these). Then I have my scraps by width size from 1.0 to 5.0. Have a couple totes for over sized pieces and then there are the fat qtrs by color. Have a smaller sized tote for cut offs......those little triangles that are still large enough to make use of, orphan blocks too. I have 2 shelves for projects for the future where I keep the fabrics and pattern together and will add or delete a fabric from time to time till I get to that project. Have a rod along the hallway down in my basement that keeps my quilt tops, their backing and batting (if cut to size) together with a note of them telling me whose quilt it is, size of quilt and if I have the quilting layout figured out, a printout of it. I also have my leftover battings on this rod hanging for a hanger with a note telling me the size it is at that moment. Will keep adding strips as they're cut off from finished quilts using batting tape.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-room-1-2017.jpg   mostly-fat-quarters.jpg   quilt-storage-pole.jpg  

Last edited by Snooze2978; 07-17-2018 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Adding photo