View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 03:17 AM
cindyb

Default Be careful what you think about.. . . .

I have been following (with a lot of interest) the project SuzzyQ has taken on with the 4-H'ers thinking I've always wanted to do that, but I don't think I have the energy or patience any more. So out of the clear blue I got a call from a fellow guild member asking if I would be interested in working with 2 young girls. A grampa has his 2 DGD (from CA) for 2 wks and wanted to get them involved in something creative using their hands instead of reading books and devices. I initially thought, no I'm too busy - even though I hate that standard answer. (Aren't we all?) I told her I would think about it and get back to her. Uggggg Hauling everything, pulling everything together. No, I don't want to - yes, I want to - back and forth. So my plan took place. I called JoAnns and asked for their little project room which already has everything set up with machines, tables, irons, etc. I will have it from 10 until noon M-W-F for 2 weeks. I don't think it will take that long, but just in case. My plan is to have them do a jelly roll race. I feel good right now as I really think we need to get young people involved in this art. Should be interesting.