Thread: Hi from Canada
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Mo

:) Hi IBQuiltin: I just became the newsletter editor this past November when the spot became vacant. Though I am fairly new to quilting and the guild, I knew I could handle working on the computer to do a newsletter - and they desperately needed an editor and no one wanted the job! I will probably be doing this job for a long time, unless in a few years, someone new wants to take over, or when I'm no longer able to... At first there was a few glitches while I learnt how to work in Publisher (new to me :lol: ). Then of course the ladies are probably getting tired of my endless questions re: quilting terms etc... though in one sense I think my being a newbe is good, the older members sometimes forget that to new quilters, they may as well be speaking Greek. It is becoming more fun now that I have also realized I can change things around and add some extras, quilting related and sometimes just interesting tibits, reflections or thoughts. Of course there is an issue with space, and I wouldn't tread too far off the track, but sometimes we need a little humour or inspiration. I also like adding little icons (pictures) from another program I have, ie for Valentine's and St. Patrick's etc... and quilt pictures too, of course. :D So how long have you been doing your newsletter? Is it available on a website? Ours can be seen in our website (which I think I may have put on this site wrong :? )our website is:KawarthaQuiltmakersGuild.ca
I would love to view a copy of your newsletter! Various Guilds in Ontario share their newsletter, which I love as I have received some great ideas from them and hopefully I'll be sharing some too. That is also one of the things I am loving about the Quilting Board so far, everyone seem so friendly and willing to share. I'm sure if (what do I mean, 'if?' more likely 'when' with me!) I run into a problem and need help, I will not wait long for it in this site.
How long have you been quilting and a member of your guild? Do you see yourself being your guild's newsletter editor for a long time?
Well I should get off the computer now, so bye and happy quilting. Mo