Thread: Convex Illusion
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 07:04 AM
JudyG

Default Convex Illusion

Here is my Convex Illusion, one of my favorite quilts I have ever made. I absolutely love it. Just need to get it bound. Unfortunately, my quilter did not love it. She did not baste it enough when she started quilting it and since everything in this quilt is on the bias, when she was about halfway done she realized things were slipping towards one corner. She called me and apologized all over the place because she was not going to get it done by the time I wanted it because she would have to remove all the stitching she had done and rebaste it better and then requilt it. I told her not to worry about the timing (I had wanted it for our local quilt show), that there would be another show where I could display it. It took her a while to get it done, but it was worth the wait. I had been concerned about holes in the fabric from the previous quilting, but she did an awesome job of requilting it. I am also attaching a picture of the actual stitchout design so you can see it better. Isn't it fabulous?
Attached Thumbnails convex-illusion-quilting.jpg   convex-illusion.jpg