View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 09:16 AM
redstilettos

Question for the organizing group: We have a cottage we go to every weekend, which is where my sweet hubby made my sewing rooms (fabric and long arm in one room, working areas and cutting table in the other). So I do my sewing during the weekends when we are up there. Rarely do I have anything at home to work on. NOW, here's the dilemma:

Where I work, they got rid of a bunch of cubicles and filing cabinets. I have a large "L" shape desk with three filing cabinets under it for support. I'd like to put it in one of the spare rooms at home so I can sew when we are at home and/or when we have to stay home due to my hubby's on-call schedule.

I have an extra machine, mats, rotary cutters, etc. But how would you suggest splitting my material? Would you split evenly so there's similar things in each location, or would you only store one "project" worth of material at the house and keep everything else together? Same thing with scraps. Sometimes when I get bored with a project, I'll start playing around with scraps just to eat up some time and have some fun. Should I have those in both locations, too? Too restrictive?

I thought of maybe only doing my embroidery machine at home and quilting up north, but I'll need fabric and thread in both locations....ugh!

I'm beginning to wonder if this will be more of a detriment than anything else.