View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 12:48 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

I just uploaded some pictures of what I was doing a few weeks ago. My DH is now convinced that investing in a generator is a good idea. Three plus days with power again.

A windstorm broke a tree which broke the utility pole which pulled the electric meter right off the house. Fortunately, we have insurance through the electric company that completely paid for the damage. It is so worth having this type of coverage when you live in the woods like I do. Homeowners insurance might not have covered it and there would still be a deductible to pay.

So for $72 a year, I am fully covered for any electrical repairs on the outside of the house. A lot of people don't realize the power company is only responsible to the point they call the knob and the homeowner is responsible from the knob to the house. I think it is money well spent.

There were five trucks and about 12 great linemen that got us up and running. The pole took a few hours. Attaching the meter back to the house took five and a half hours. They had to remove and inspect the circuit box too.

A great bunch of men and I appreciate them so much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598417[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598418[/ATTACH]

peace
Attached Thumbnails dsc08671.jpg   dsc08658.jpg   dsc08637.jpg   dsc08665.jpg  

Last edited by ube quilting; 07-26-2018 at 12:51 PM.