Old 07-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Rose_P

I have done every size from mug rug to over-sized queen (probably would work on a king with a thin mattress). I favor the smaller sizes because I quilt all of them myself on a home sewing machine or embroidery machine. I make baby quilts and other small ones for Project Linus now and then, and have made small lap quilts for use with wheelchairs, particularly when I was a guild member before our move. I have made a number of quilts to be used as couch throws, and those can vary in size quite a bit. If you're just starting out, smaller quilts are nifty because you get done and can get on with the next one, which can be entirely different and introduce you to some new skills. I made my first quilts many years ago and felt a little put out by the fact that we live in a warm climate without much real demand for quilts, or so I thought, but actually there is no limit to what you can do with this hobby. Just recently I've become more interested in art quilts and in quilted bags. I have a long bucket list and just keep going. I hope you'll get as much enjoyment from this hobby as I have. Welcome to the Quilting Board!