Old 07-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by lorraine43 View Post
I'm glad you are not buying a gas stove! We just bought a Frigidaire gas stove and I had to remove all the knobs . If you just brush against them they turn on and the gas comes on . I didn't realize it a few times and the house filled with gas. A disaster waiting to happen!!!!
OMGosh! That is so scary. I hope you notified the manufacturer. I haven't had gas cooking in many years, but it seems to me that we used to have to push down and turn the knobs so that they couldn't easily be turned by a child or in the way you've experienced. I hate it when things get worse after they already knew how to make it safer. If I get the chance to buy another gas one, I will remember to ask about this. I'm glad you mentioned it.

We had electric convection ovens from 2000 to 2014, and I loved them. I can't justify changing the good basic oven in our current house yet, but convection was definitely better for everything. It distributes the heat more evenly and is more efficient. We bought a Jenn-aire in one house and it was great. Got another one when we moved in 2005, and that one had some problems at first, but they were covered by the warranty. I would buy that brand again.

One word of caution about the newer ovens with circuit boards. Our repairman mentioned this: Don't let anyone slam the door. Those fancy electronics do not like to get jarred around.