View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Jroussel

Default Longarm Rental in Montreal area?

Would anyone know of quilt shops or longarm quilters in the Montreal area (up to 1 hour drive away) that offer time on their machines for rent / beginner classes in longarming?

I am looking into getting either a domestic frame for my midarm machine or investing in a new (or gently used) longarm, but have been strongly suggested (repeatedly) to look into trying a longarm out before making any concrete decisions.

I would gladly do this, but in my immediate area, there is only one reseller (for Handi Quilter). Unfortunately, they burned me once on a machine purchase and I will not be going to see them for anything that requires me to give them more money.

I checked online for a list of longarmers in the Montreal area, but non of the publicly listed ones seem to offer rental time or classes.

So I am wondering if anyone here is in or around the Montreal area, and would know of a shop or longarmer that would be able to teach a novice the basics and be willing to rent some time for me to practice before making a very costly decision.

Thank you!