Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Janice McC

Happy Birthday, DarcyShannon! I hope it's a terrific day for you.

D, I just love these two, especially the one for Billi...it's sharp!
Originally Posted by D.Henson
I have 2 blocks to share. One is for Hav4boys and the other is for Billi....H4B - Tumbler Star, block #632 in 1000 Blocks. Billi - Centennial in Around the Block Again (I changed the corners to hst)
Nice job, Stafar. Good choice of fabric for Qm's.
Originally Posted by Stafar
Another block down~this one is for QuilterMomma, hope you enjoy it.
I just love GramE's fabrics. Beautiful job you did with it, D. And my Book three will be here tomorrow. LOL. too funny. Yes, Libster, you might have to get one.
...Two more blocks complete. Elsia’s Star (which I changed the corners to hst) for GramE. I tend to make changes in the pattern blocks I see and I know it must have a new name. Some blocks are very similar. For Stafar, I made the Paper Pinwheels block. The squares that look black are actually dark blue batik. Both patterns from Around the Block book 1 & 2. I did order book 3.
Bibliostone, your Star Magic blocks are magical. Wonderful color choices on Libsters. And DarcyShannon's is lovely as well. .
Originally Posted by bibliostone
Stafer and D.Henson, very nice blocks. And Kass, your blocks and quilt look fantastic. So, how much longer do you think it will take you to finish it? I can't imagine doing something that involved.

Here are blocks for Libster and Darcyshannon:
Stars by Magic #9 for Libster.

Peaceful Home for Darcyshannon.
Klaws, beautiful job with the browns! I've recently seen both these blocks online now yours make me want to try them sooner than I planned. Great job on both!
Originally Posted by klaws
I made two more blocks yesterday. I hope to complete some more this weekend.
The first one is for Joanelizabay and is call Ruins of Jericho from Quilters Cache.

This second one is for Kassaundra. It is called Cherry Starburst #932 in the 1,000 Block book. The picture in the book was red and white, hence the name Cherry Starburst. I found this fabric in my stash and it had Kass's name written all over it. I hope you like it Kass.
D., you are on a roll! Congrats!
I finished 3 blocks yesterday. Baby Bud from Quilters Cache for TG, Feng Shui Block #776 from 1000 Blocks for PamelaO, and from my new to me book, Once More Around the Block, Mosaic #8 for JayneW. I tweaked Pamela’s block a bit to accommodate a larger center block to showcase her focus fabric.
The brown blocks being made for you are beautiful. They're providing me additional inspiration for the brown quilt I hope to one day make.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Thank you..I love the blocks in brown that everyone is making for me. Taking two to the quilters tomorrow. Another donation to the Patriot Guard Riders and another Quadrafoil...Working on "love/peace blocks from previous boom in between picking cactus thorns out of my hands...no matter if I wear gloves or dont touch the leaves I still get little thorns that you can hardley see. My barrell cactus bloomed for the first time today. Only last one day then they die but they are pretty. My aloe plants keep having babies...my nephew is wheelchair bound and likes to raise and sell veg at the farmers market so Im giving them to him to sell if he wants..Ill keep the 8 big ones for more babies.
Yes...
Originally Posted by Libster
Darn it! Y'all are going to make me buy another book, aren't you? LOL
Isn't it funny when blocks don't end up where you planned for them to go? I think they go where they want to go.
Originally Posted by Mona G
here is D.Henson's block - this is not exactly what I had in mind when I started but it was fun trying to figure out what I can and can't do with the lazy angle ruler.