View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 02:05 PM
osewme

Default Points or partial points question

I'm in the process of making this quilt in a Calif. King size (which I started a long, long time ago). The instructions were unclear if the finished blocks were to be 12" or 12 1/2" square. I started making blocks way before I realized the importance of measuring & trimming your blocks as you make them. Now that I'm getting it out & working on the blocks again I see that most of my blocks are less than 12 1/2" unfinished (& untrimmed) and some are "almost 12 1/2" unfinished & untrimmed. It looks like I am going to have to trim them all to 12" but that will mean I will be cutting off points ... big time. I don't guess I really have a question as it seems I have no option unless someone has a suggestion for me.

Also, this quilt is going to be for my personal use & will probably be using the quilt as you go method on it since I won't be able to stuff it all under my little harp on my domestic machine. QAYG will be a first for me. I want it to be as light weight as possible so what batting would you suggest? I'm thinking a very thin polyester but I'm certainly up for options.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-29-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: remove copyright pic