View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 10:24 AM
zozee

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I would enter my quilt because every judge looks for specific things in each quilt, however, they also look for unique and/or different things that make one quilt rise above the other. Give it a go as you had planned.

And, here is the story behind my reply..... years back I was taking ceramic classes and made a southwestern style vase to enter in the Dallas, TX ceramic show. I had never worked so hard on a piece or been so disappointed when it came out of the last firing. I cried as I dropped it in the trash as I was leaving the studio. However, one of the instructors saw something that really caught her eye, took my piece out of the trash and entered it in the show without me knowing. You can't imagine my excitement when I went to the show and saw my vase with a big blue 1st place ribbon hanging on it

Please enter your quilt and good luck!

Can I just say, Betty, that your story choked me up? How kind of that instructor to find something praiseworthy that you could not see, rescue it, and watch it take a blue ribbon. I kind of feel like my husband did that when we met. I didn't see anything of value in myself, but he did, and he asked me to marry him.Of all the women in the world he chose ME! Here we are almost 32 years later.

Anyway, QuiltLady, please do enter your quilt. Remember, even if you don't feel good about your FMQ, it's a skill that the vast majority of the world cannot do and have never tried or even heard of. Besides, when I go to county fairs, the last thing I look for as a viewer are the mistakes. I see beauty and hard work and sometimes the quilts evoke special memories, but they always, always inspire me. I'm often not in agreement with the judges over their choices, and wish I could slap a contruction paper blue ribbon on one and attach a note" "winner in my book!"