Old 07-31-2018, 06:29 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post

Disturbing news about Iowa last 14 days have lost some 40 children to human trafficking. All communities need a watch group to protect the youth there. Alarm was raised on one playground and public rest area preventing it twice. I feel very sad for those families who have lost their children. Everyone need to step up on this and be watchful; notify police on speed dial. Des Monies, Iowa is in the top 100 of the nation in this terrible crime. So sad.
Wow! I hadn't heard about that! I hope they catch whoever is doing this. And hope they can recover these poor children. I remember how free we were as kids, no one worried about abduction, ever. Now I wouldn't let a child out of my sight! This is chilling.

I've been busy sewing. My usual quilting for charity, plus I've been sewing little dresses with a group who sends them to Haiti and Nicaragua. The little dresses are so much fun to make, I have made about a dozen so far. Sent a bunch last year too. It's a great way to put your stash to use.

And I continue to practice my fmq and try to learn to use my new sit down quilter better. I am about to post a quilt in Pictures, where I used Angela Walters' meandering paisley quilting. Not perfect, but fun!

Hope everyone is keeping cool. Our weather has not been as hot the past week or so. I'd love an early Fall!