View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:27 AM
melthebaker

Default Thread breaking when using Ruler Foot

I am new to this forum and I hope that someone can assist me. I recently purchased a ruler foot and two (2) of Angela Walter's new rulers. Since I am hopeless at FMQ, I thought that the rulers would be more user friendly. Not so much. No matter what I do, my upper thread keeps on shredding and breaking. I have re-threaded, changed thread, changed needles, changed the bobbin, fiddled with the tension and even changed machines (I have a brand new Singer Quantum 9960 and a 20 year old Brother Pacesetter, both of which work perfectly for all other applications. I have googled and YouTubed myself into a frenzy and tried every tip and trick. The one suggestion that seemed to help a bit was Leah Day's video where she indicated that some machines don't like to go in all directions and I've noticed that my machine behaves a bit better moving from left to right and front to back, but it's still not optimum. I have a pile of projects that need quilting and I really don't want to have to pay someone else to quilt them.