Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Janice McC

Oh, GramE, you’re empty nesting again! I’m not making light of it one bit. It’ll pass in a while I hope. It’s hard when our children leave and having your grandsons close and then leaving is exactly the same thing. Many hugs. You’ll find the words for your letter on a better day perhaps. But I’m sure he wouldn’t mind hearing he’s loved and missed as well as your encouragement.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
actually, I’m fussy cutting a block.

And kinda low, my twin grandsons have left for Air Force basic training 30 days apart. They only live a 1/2 mile down the road and were frequently in and out my door. Now they are adults! My son and DIL seemed to have been grieving before they left. Now as empty nesters, they are definitely staying busy. I have two holes in my heart. I’m trying to write Jordan an encouragement letter, but they keep coming out sounding sad. I’ve laid it aside for a day or two. Not sure why my heart is so heavy for one. Maybe because they are both gone now. Very proud, Josh who left first is a leader in his squad and wrote his dad to say, he did not understand how blessed he was and he is trying to teach his buddies how to build relationships and how to use conflict resolution skills. His dad says his voice sounds like a man now. The changes happen so fast. Hoping this funk i’m In will pass when we get a call from Jordan and hear the sound of his voice. ❤️