View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:25 AM
mac

It bothers me, too, and it has bothered me for decades. My birthday is on Halloween and when I was growing up, you didn't have to start thinking about Halloween until the 1st of October and Thanksgiving until the day after Halloween. About a week later, the Thanksgiving things would start to come into the store. As time went on Halloween started getting pushed back further and further until now we start seeing Halloween things in practically July, Thanksgiving in August and Christmas in September... well you all know what I mean. It is like you don't get to celebrate the joy of a holiday by itself anymore. All the holidays are just jumbled together and I miss the isolation of each holiday. It makes it seem like we are rushing the year by.

As you grow older, and I know that a lot of you know what I mean, time seems to fly by faster. This may have been fun when we were kids, when you wanted to be the next year older earlier than your birthday, but as a person who is getting on in age, I really, really abhor this.