Old 08-08-2018, 05:25 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by ploverwi2 View Post
.... A lot of attachments came with the machine, but they are Singer and Geist, and those won't work on a STANDARD. At least that is what I read here on the Quilting Board. ...
I do not have a Standard, however, Greist made many attachments for different machines. Maybe you can take some pictures of the Greist attachments. I'm sure the Singer feet won't work. It looks like Greist made attachments for at least some of the Standard machines as indicated at http://www.treadleon.net/library/topclampingfeet.pdf

I would say that what you have is considered a "Stout Standard." I'm guessing that the serial number would be on the stitch length plate over on the right of the bed. I'm also going to guess that more than likely the machine would be from the 1920s as I believe that is when machines went to a simpler gold decal design.

Good luck on getting this machine back to its original purpose. I'm sure someone like Macybaby or Farmhousesewer and others would be better able to help with more accurate info (since I'm just guessing).

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 08-08-2018 at 05:30 PM. Reason: change run together