View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 07:56 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jordan
Love looking at all of the scrappies. Nice quilts "sewbizgirl" and especially like your strings quilt. Did you use a foundation of some kind? I am thinking of making a strings quilt and been doing research on different kinds of foundations and I am more confused now than when I started searching. LOL
I did use a very light muslin for the foundation. It made the blocks a little stiffer, but once it was quilted you couldn't tell.

Originally Posted by judy5cents
Here are some scrap quilts that I have recently completed.

The first is a wonky star and nine patch quilt that I made for my great niece who is due to be born in August
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596150[/ATTACH]

Next is wonky log cabin made with strings, this is a donation for my quilt guild
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596151[/ATTACH]

And finally another donation string quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596152[/ATTACH]

I love String quilts
Originally Posted by wildyard
I was looking back for my last post to this thread and wow, it's been too long. I have been making a lot of scrappy quilts but just forgetting to post them here. Some of these are finished quilts and some are just tops that I haven't backed yet. I hope you enjoy! There are more, but these are enough for now. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599207[/ATTACH]
Very beautiful quilts, judy5cents and wildyard! I also forget to post here when I have scrappy finishes. Will go through and post some recent ones I missed...