View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 07:16 PM
beckyj

Originally Posted by Quilter 53 View Post
Snooze 2978, Wow!!! I've been in fabric stores that didn't have as much.LOL

Recently organized my fabric and found the best way for me was to put the largest yardage on bolts from the fabric store and when I ran out of those, I ruler folded. I label the amount on a small piece of paper and pin it to the end. My DD complained about always stabbing herself on the pins, so I recently bought some of those plastic clips used on new shirts. Read about that idea here on QB and as I pull from the stash, I'll replace those pins with the plastic clips.

I like to organize them according to yardage so if I need 4 yards of something, I know right away which group has at least that much. I can then pick coordinating materials from the lesser yardage. I don't have a lot of FQ any more, I prefer to buy yardage, but those I do have get grouped together on the top shelf. Anything less than a FQ goes in shoe box sized see through plastic box by color to be used for applique or strip projects.

My batting has to live under the eaves (my sewing room is the attic). They fit in there length wise so I can see how much I have at a glance. But I do have a tote full of packaged batting and pillow forms.

And if the way I arrange it the first time doesn't work, I try something else.
pin point in--point out and in again, seldom get poked. My sewing room is also in attic, would like to know what arrangements help. I am using cubbyholes for fabric in boxes and hang shelves from ceiling . Have a table and some book shelves.