View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:00 PM
Mickey2

Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post

Mickey2: What is the right price? I did mention $20 after she said $50 but she was busy telling what another lady had told her about her grasshopper. It was funny because she kept talking and 2 or 3 times I clarified that what she was telling me was about this other ladies machine not the one in front of us that she is trying to sell.
If it's intact with case, accessories and nice conditon it's worth the $50, $20 is definitely a bargain price. Some ask $150 for them around here, and they often sell with a bit of patience. Some times the price comes down before it goes. Smaller portable machines tend to be more sought after. I payed around the equivalent of $30 for my Supermatic, it didn't stitch, major thread mess, dirty, oil stained, needed a new friction wheel,... It cleaned up well with a lot of work and a bit of money. I managed to get hold of an aluminium friction wheel with rubber o-rings. Elna 1, the Grashopper, has no problem with flat spots, it doesn't have a friction wheel, but is belt driven and it's easy to replace if needed. Don't confuse Elna 1 and Elna 2 (Supermatics), they are green, but not the same machine at all.