Thread: A new addition
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM
khogue

Oh believe me leonf I did drop everything! I couldn't believe it was still there as it had been posted on Monday.

I've spent all morning on the little machine.
The belt was really tight so I loosened it a bit. I cleaned and oiled everything, removed old grease, added new and hit the motor with the blow dryer for a bit on low. I plugged the machine in and tested it after every section was done and it was still very slow.
So I spent a good bit of time on the bobbin case, removing old thread and rust and got the old thread caught behind the bobbin assembly. Plugged it in again and just kept at it and it started moving a bit faster and within a minute or two it was moving freely! It runs extremely quiet w/o the bobbin in the case.
I didn't have anything to lose as I was prepared for the bobbin case to need replacing with that latch not working properly but it sews just fine! So I guess I have myself a great little $50 Featherweight that might not need much money added to it at all. Its been a fine day in my sewing world today, I hope the same for the rest of the group.