Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:56 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

What a great day for photos and news!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I came home from the lake Sunday night and Monday received call asking if I could take granddaughter to a 90 minute orthodontist appt. today at 4.
Terri, hope that appt. went well. I also do not miss the days of taking the kids to their ortho appts. (Or paying the bills!)

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I wanted share the blue and white quilt that we made for my 96 year old mother.
It's gorgeous and your mom looks so sweet with her quilt! I'm glad you quilted in lots of texture for her to touch. It looks cozy.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Here is a pictures of Daecyshannon and I at the Sisters quilt show.
How great to meet up with Shannon! Thanks for showing us what you both look like, too. And those beautiful quilts. Your travels sounded fun. I'm glad you are planning to do the next boom.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Everyone has such great news! Babies coming and what a nice gift for Mom, she will cherish that quilt! Still a little slow motion here but I have been doing a little sewing so here are some more blocks that I have done. Still have a few to go but I'll get there So far so good on the radiation treatments again, I have 7 more to go and then they are done. Not sure what happens after that but I should find out next week.
Jaba, we will be hoping the last 7 treatments are uneventful and that the results are great!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Now my bad news, have some bleeding fizzures to be taken care of, when to foot doctor and have to go thru surgery again, then $4,500 for teeth. Live is just the most wonderful it could ever be.
So sorry QM. Sometimes it does seem like one step forward and then two backwards. Hope the foot surgery turns out better this time.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I decided to make a pattern for a wrap skirt. A little wider then an A line but not a full circle. Thought about it and figured a reversible would be great, 2 skirts in one and no exposed seams. I made my first one this week, and the pattern works well (it needs a little tweeking but not much).
Glad it worked out! I know you talked about doing clothes before... and I'm the same way-- will sew for everyone else but mine never seem to work out. Glad the skirt is a winner!