View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 07:53 AM
Iceblossom

Default Just Registered Today!

Hi, I'm Caroline from Near Seattle (Renton for those who know).

Somehow I've missed seeing this board before but way back around Y2K I used to be very active on Sewing World and the Ask quilting communities. I've recently had some changes in my life and was looking for another quilting home -- so here I am!

I don't come from a family tradition of quilting but decided when I was a senior in High School that I wanted to quilt. That was in 1978, before the rotary revolution and to be honest, the little old quilting ladies (that I've since become!) intimidated me so am self taught. Hard to believe that 40 years and hundreds of quilts have been done since that first one.

Mostly I work in scrap quilts, sometimes I do a "planned" quilt with fewer fabrics but why use 6 when I can use 60?? A lot of what I do is "contemporary adaptations of traditional patterns" but I have designed some of my own. Pretty much everything I do is bed sized, mostly queen sized but I have a lot of fun with baby quilts.

Alas, I have a deteriorating vision condition and have been trying to adjust to the idea that my best work is behind me so I strive for "simple but effective" and some of the newer techniques that aren't as fussy, I see a lot of string quilts and jelly roll race variations and such in my future.

I have a wonderful hubby who I met playing a game on the internet back in February 2001 (yes, I remember our first meeting). This October will be our 14th legal wedding anniversary. I have a 30 year old son from a previous relationship who just got married this past June. I am very fortunate as I love my Daughter in Law and my Mother in Law both. We have a variety of pets, currently 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bearded dragon, 1 leopard gecko, 1 sonoran gopher snake, and a rosy tarantula. I don't interact much with the cold blooded pets...