Old 08-17-2018, 08:45 PM
kristakz

Originally Posted by Jroussel View Post
Hello everyone,

While I have heard nothing but praise for all of these machines (though the Q'nique was a bit more troublesome to find reviews for), my main issues lie in the fact that I live in Canada and have a very limited selection of dealers to work with.

The Juki would be from a local Montreal dealer whom I bought my TL-2010 from, great service, quick to answer questions, and techs are on call during normal business hours for support.
The Lenni, while giving a lot of good options and seems to be a genuine workhorse only has one Canadian dealer 4 provinces away (not ideal for support or testing needs).
The Avante has a dealer 15 minutes away (not going there) and another about 1.5 hours away and seems to be backed by HQ's US support staff.
The Gammill has a dealer about 6 hours away, not ideal, but not three days of travel far either.

While all the models listed have great reviews on their own manufacturers websites, not many reviews are out there on the wide internet to balance out the hand-picked "best of the best" ones that any self-respecting company would want to show.

So I come to you fellow quilters, give me your goods, bads, ugly and worse. If I am going to sink 15K+ into a machine, I want to know everything that could go right and wrong with it.

Thank you in advance!
I live in Ottawa, Ontario. APQS has a dealer in Oshawa, so not 4 provinces away. And their on-line & phone support is absolutely FANTASTIC! I have not actually spoken to my dealer since the machine arrived - all my issues have been resolved with the online service.

I own both APQS (Millie) and HQ (Avante). Love them both, but APQS service is better in my opinion (certainly more receptive to self-service, which is important when the dealer is hours away).

Last edited by kristakz; 08-17-2018 at 08:47 PM.