Old 08-18-2018, 05:47 AM
Judith1005

Some machines, just don't have the power to FMQ. You are wise to look for something that will fill that need. I am looking at a Juki straight stitcher. Around that budget. Although, I would never make a great FMQ. But, I want something that has a bit of power and throat space to handle at least a large lap size quilt. (Especially now while I can afford to pay cash for it.) Thinking ahead to when my husband will "down size" his job to age related complications. I would not have a machine in the budget to fill a want of that sort. I do hope you find something that will meet your needs. Finding a machine is such a personal choice. For me, I knew I wanted a mechanical machine and a larger throat space and a bit more power. I think identify your wants and needs first. Then do the research to find what you are looking for. I know everyone says to buy where you can have them serviced. I have a place that will service the Juki local. But doesn't sell the machine I want. I will order the machine I want. Everyone around here sells Vikings. I'm not interested in that brand at all! It's not for me.