Old 08-21-2018, 05:14 AM
juliea9967

Default This has been my sewing room for over 20 years

I have been sewing, quilting, and collecting fabrics and supplies for a long time. The carpet was bad enough to need replacing at least 5 years ago, but I have put it off because I was afraid to tackle the horrid job of getting everything out of this room. I finally realized it was never going to get done if I didn't just get in there and get started. So I did! In the last week my husband has taken a truck load of "junk" and a truckload of "donate" items to the dump and the local DI. I found stuff that I had brought with me when we moved here, 20 years ago, and have still never used. They had to go! This room is way to small to be keeping all that stuff, and I was really having a hard time finding things. There just wasn't enough room to organize everything.
Wish I had taken a picture before I started, but I didn't. Here is a picture of my "sewing room" now, all ready to have the new flooring put it - tomorrow! I looked and looked and finally decided on a vinyl floor. It looks like wood, but is completely waterproof and very easy to care for. You can't believe how many pins I found in the carpet. I have gone over it many times already, and am still finding pins. I am going to have to warn the floor installer that there may still be pins in the carpet, so he doesn't get hurt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599838[/ATTACH]
OK - this is the good new - I finally have it all cleaned out and ready to install the new floor.
Here is the bad news:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599839[/ATTACH]
This is our "guest room". I moved everything in here except for the furniture that is being stored in the garage right now. Sure hope we don't have any guests for awhile. . . . . .
I can see now that the biggest part of this job is going to be organizing and putting all this stuff back into my sewing room. Do you all have any great ideas? Anybody willing to come and help me? I am already exhausted, and I still have so much to do.
It's OK though - I know I am going to love it when, and if, I get it all done.
Attached Thumbnails sewingroom.jpg   guestroom.jpg