Thread: Smart LQS
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 AM
mrs theo

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
My LQS is not really helpful or welcoming...unless you are a regular who spends lots of $$$ there.
I once asked if they could help me figure out a pattern that needed TONS of half-square triangles. I didn't like the method the book suggested and I wanted to find out if I could use Thangles. She was completely unwilling and said there was a class available where I could work on any project I wanted. I told her I didn't want a class (had just completed one), that I just wanted to know how to figure out the triangles. She basically told me unless I took the class, no one was willing to look at the pattern with me. I was very dissapointed.
I would prefer to shop a Joann's fabric. The fabric is cheaper and the staff have always been willing to answer any of my questions to the best of thier knowledge.
I'm so sorry this has been your experience with your LQS. As you can see from this thread, many of us look at our LQS as a home away from home (I'm so sorry to those of you who are losing yours!!!). If you get what you need at Joann's, that's wonderful! I'm glad to hear that you have a Joann's that's helpful. The Joann's closest to me is not very helpful and about an hour away. I like to shop their sales sometimes, but I do that online.