View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:11 PM
wildyard

Default Help with bargello please

I am going to make my first bargello using a pattern I found that is very simple and basic. It uses larger strips than most. I plan to make my own design, using the quilt I saw as a guideline. All the squares are the same size in the original but I want to add more flow using some different widths when cutting the strip tube.
My problem is I am not happy with the fabric layout I have come up with. It's especially the lighter pinks and floral, I am showing two layouts but I'm not really happy with either.
Please help by making suggestions on my fabrics and layout.

Question two is this: Most bargellos I have seen use the blending of one fabric to the next and I like that. I am just wondering whether it's ok to mix the fabrics all up rather than having them from dark to light as it were?
The first photo is of all the fabrics except the very last one. The next two are of the light fabrics area that I am most unhappy with.
Looking forward to suggestions on fabric selection as well as placement. Thanks in advance for all the great help I know will be forthcoming!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599903[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599902[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599901[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc04474.jpg   dsc04473.jpg   dsc04472.jpg