View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Iceblossom

Good points Quiltingcandy... maybe we should do two nights but I don't know if I can convince her, her husband is in rather fragile health. Plus we are both inherently cheap! For us this is more of something to do rather than a fabric buying trip. Not a high cost trip as it is, about $200 total for both of us including gas/hotel/admission maybe a couple of snacks but meals would be on top of that. I haven't checked the vendor list but I'm guessing most of the local shops will have booths -- but there may be other shops along the way.

Camano Island would be a bit of a trip to go to the QA show, but not bad if you are figuring out a time to visit with the Sis! Here's the link to it:
https://www.quiltersanonymous.org/in...uilt-Show.html

QA has a number of nationally known quilt artists and book authors as members. It's the largest annual show around here. There is always something there that awes me. My typical (admittedly minor) complaint is that there will be several sets of quilts that were made in classes by one particular teacher with a particular style, and all the quilts are so similar I can recognize the designer immediately. But on the other hand I went to a small show recently and there were a number of mystery quilts the members there did. In those there was a large variety of fabric styles and colors along with different layout options and I was quite intrigued by how different they were. Took me seeing a couple before I realized they were the "same".