Old 08-27-2018, 06:02 AM
Lady Diana

Turn your wheel where your needle is all the way to the top, thread your needle at this position. Lower pressure foot. Hold your needle thread to the side and bring your needle down thru the fabric, pull on your top thread you are holding onto. This will bring your bobbin thread to the top of your fabric. Lift your presser foot and place your threads towards the back of the machine. Lower foot and start stitching. See if this steps helps.
It looks like your top thread has no tension for the first few stitches. Also clean your tension discs. If the thread is not "seating" in the discs to begin with, it will cause the problem you are having. Also thread not in the take up lever will do the same. however if it was the take up lever, your stitches would continue to loop. It is in the beginning of your sewing.....double check all guides and tension areas as you thread your machine, to make sure your thread is "seated" properly. Your top thread is not under tension for those first seven stitches...Most problems that create tension issues such as having your thread solidly in the tension discs and it is making the loops, means your tension is not correct all the time, so the loops would continue. Yours is only the first seven stitches....that sounds like the thread is not getting solidly into the tension area of your discs, or the inch or so of your thread is loose from the take up lever not being up with your needle in the highest position. Are you bringing your bobbin thread to the top of your machine before placing your fabric under the pressure foot? This would cause nesting and looping, but mostly nesting under your needle plate. Is your thread on the upright spool holder? or do you have it on a spool stand?.
Whatever is happening is happening in the first seven stitches, then it corrects itself. I wish I could be there to help you....sometimes our machines are finicky, sometimes it is a simple thing that we are doing or not doing. It really sounds like your thread is coming out of the take up lever, but then your stitches are OK, so that doesn't make sense to me...so, I would change the type of thread you are using. Thread your machine with the needle position at highest level. Bring your thread to the top of your needle plate or even the top of your fabric, lower the pressure foot. AND WATCH YOUR thread as it is fed from the take up lever to the needle. Here is a link to threading the machine, which I'm sure you have done many times..... but could be a reminder.
https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...hreadabrother/