View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 02:26 PM
quiltingcandy

A friend of mine had purchased a rather expensive bag kit at a quilt show. She bought it to make and give to a niece expecting a baby. Well, the instructions were odd to say it nicely, she ended up cutting something wrong, I thought he could work around it with a minor extra seam (she was the one that told me the person receiving doesn't know what it is supposed to be, so simple changes aren't the end of the world). We were in a Vegas time share doing our yearly sewing get together - and she just got more and more disgusted with it. The next morning, it was gone - she had taken everything but the hardware and threw it down the trash shoot. She didn't even keep the instructions. I thought she should have written the designer or go on line and see if others had the same problem - turns out there were a lot of them. My friend felt vindicated - she has made quite a few bags and purses without a problem, so it was very frustrating for her.

But it gave me courage to throw things away and also give them away. I need to make a trip to our local senior center and give them the yarn I have that I can't seem to throw out. They make also sorts of wonderful items with partial skeins of yarn.