View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 12:05 AM
SuzzyQ

Default Another commissioned quilt

DD texted me very late last Friday evening. What would I charge them to make a lap quilt as a wedding gift for the wedding they were attending the NEXT day? Since "Dear Abby" said they would have a year to do present the gift. And the bride loves hand crafted things so it would be really appreciated.
I responding with and amount depending of how ornate the design and how much of my stash it required.
Obviously didn't quote high enough so the next text was, can you send a few ideas that you'd be comfortable making. They'd print out the pictures and put in a card for the wedding.

So - okay. Sent some ideas - an fancied up panel, bargello, pinwheels, Anita's Arrowhead, DSP's, convergence.... and asked they to get colours....

Result - my choice of panel quilt, bargello, convergence... in blue/grey colours...
Name a colour I do not have in my stash. Blues I got.
Greys I don't.

And no panels in that combo at all.... or jelly rolls...

Darn! I have to go shopping.... and this quilt is about 5th on the list.... AND I'm also hoping to move in the next few months and scheduled for another knee replacement - the right this time.

Last edited by SuzzyQ; 09-01-2018 at 12:07 AM.