View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 04:16 AM
Lena1952

Originally Posted by quilterpurpledog View Post
I watched the June Tailor video above. It was just another gadget that does the same thing as other rulers I already have. I don't see any advantage to it. In fact, I have never seen any advantage to June Tailor things-just more money. I feel the same way about Marti Mitchell rulers. I have recently been taking a Judy Neimeyer class and she recommended a Marti Mitchell ruler for cutting odd angles. I bought it but it certainly was a waste of money. The angles were printed on the foundation paper and a simple ruler worked just fine. Oh well, lesson learned-again!
I guess there is "gadget" for everyone. While I am not a gadget girl, I do love the June Tailor Shape cut ruler. I use it all the time and if I lost it would purchase another. Wish I could say the same for a few other gadgets I have purchased for both sewing and/or kitchen use.

As for the Slotted Trim Tool, it may be costly but if it makes your sewing more enjoyable, then why not. If you belong to a guild, they will sometimes purchase a product, have several test it, and make a report back to guild members. Just a thought on getting a honest opinion instead of the person trying to sell you one.