View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 01:20 PM
auntjo

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Another one in awe of your blocks and quilting designs! Do you just sew over the paper design on your LA? Tell us more about your process if you would. I'm new to LA'ing. thanks
I have sewed over the design on plastic wrap for one quilt, and this time I thought I'd try wax paper. It seems to clean off a bit better after sewing. So far I've tried to not mark the quilt top itself very much, there seems to be so much conflict about what works best and comes out easiest. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to custom stuff for sure. I really do like the E to E pantographs that suit the busy scrappy quilts that I tend to make (BOnnie Hunter). It takes me much longer to feel comfortable w/my own interpretations on custom, and I'm sure I could probably use a few more different type rulers than I have picked up so far to help me feel more comfortable with curves and larger circles. I don't tend to practice on "scraps stuff", which is the mantra - practice, practice, practice. I put on a quilt and go for it... Have done lots of guild donation quilts to get this far... but my progress is not as fast as some, but then I don't spend as much time as some others either.

Another couple blocks today. E2 Corn & Beans and E8 Lincoln's Platform.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]600399[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]600400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails e2-corn-beans-web-ready.jpg   e8-lincolns-platform-web-ready.jpg